In this course, the authors will share additional details and strategies from each chapter of their Corwin book entitled Long-Term Success for Experienced Multilinguals . The course includes time to read sections of the book, which counts toward the total number of hours in the course. From their research and decades of experience working with experienced multilinguals, Huynh and Skelton share:
- a new, affirming shift in perspective on this group of students;
- a researched-informed, classroom tested instructional framework;
- a teacher-friendly lesson planning template;
- strategies for accommodating summative assessments;
- strategies to establish comprehensible input;
- approaches to structure academic output; and
- an approach to school-wide implementation.
This 15 hour course is asynchronous and self-paced with a dedicated course facilitator to guide you. You can earn 1 graduate credit through UMass Global for this course for a fee of an additional $75. More information available upon enrollment.